Valentine’s day is just around the corner and what better than making these sweet and decadent desserts for your friends and family.Except the part where you have to whip the egg whites the whole process of making a meringue is quite easy.Invest in a good hand blender and you wouldn’t find this recipe hard at all.Once you have stiff peaks out of your egg whites 90% of the job is done.
- Prep Time: 15m Cook Time: 2h Total Time: 2h 15m
- Serves: 4 Yield: 1 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Egg Whites,2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Bean
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Edible Gel Food Coloring of Your Choice
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon Caster Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- Whisk in the egg whites along with cream of tartar and pinch of salt till stiff peaks.
- Slowly add in the sugar while whisking the rest of the mix to get a shinny thick meringue
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add a little bit of meringue on the base of the tray to ensure it doesn\’t move
- Dollop a the meringue onto the parchment paper into a rough circle making some room in the centre to add in the filling
- Preheat over to 150C and then bring down the temperature to 100C.Bake for 2 hrs without disturbing the oven during this time.
- Let the meringue cool at least 2 hrs to overnight for perfect results
- Add some chocolate glaze in between two meringue kisses and stack them together